Editors' Note

Editors_Note_22F_W5.jpg

Somehow it’s week five already, and for the most part, it’s kind of nice. It feels like we’re finally in the swing of things, finally getting a chance to stop, take a breath and settle into the term. As we pass the halfway mark, though, there’s also a hint of bittersweetness in the crisp fall air. The last lasts are beginning, and every leaf that falls is a sign of time’s ceaseless march forward.

But not so fast! Before the week is up, our writers have stories aplenty to share. From rush reflections, recycling and the Green to the liberal arts education, we look closer at everyday parts of Dartmouth life. Our writers also cover exchange student experiences, talk to campus’s resident fiddler and investigate the prep school-to-Ivy pipeline.

Even if your Google calendar is full and midterms are looming, we encourage you to take a moment to stop and smell the (metaphorical) roses. Read an article, take a Woccom or post up on Collis porch. If this cold snap continues, the opportunities for those last two might be waning, but we’re not in a rush for the warm weather to be over. In the meantime, let’s sit and savor — this term isn’t in the endzone yet.

Caris White

Caris is a '23 from Long Beach, CA and is majoring in religion modified with art history. When not editing stories for the Mirror, you can find her playing club soccer, snowboarding at the Skiway or sipping coffee in Sherman Art Library. After college, she plans on attending graduate school in religion.

Meghan Powers
Meghan ('23) writes for the Mirror section of The Dartmouth. She is from Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, and intends to major in government with a minor in French. Some of her interests include coffee, Museum Club and Laura Dern.