The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

Former vice president Joe Biden held a campaign event on health care at Alumni Hall.

news

Joe Biden holds health care town hall at Dartmouth

Former vice president and 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden campaigned at Dartmouth on Friday, promoting his health care plan and distinguishing his positions on the issue from those of President Donald Trump and some of his opponents in the Democratic primary. 

Gov. Sununu vetoed two bills passed by the Democratic-controlled state legislature on the issue of voting registration.

news

Sununu vetoes Democratic-backed voting bills

Governor Chris Sununu has vetoed House Bills 105 and 106, two bills that would repeal recently-passed voter registration restrictions in New Hampshire. Both chambers of the Democratic-controlled state legislature are expected to meet in September to attempt to override the governor’s veto. 

Moore Hall houses the psychological and brain sciences department.

news

Judge grants extension in PBS lawsuit mediation

A federal judge yesterday granted an extension in the mediation between Dartmouth and nine plaintiffs in an ongoing lawsuit contending that College officials failed to act on allegations of sexual misconduct against three former psychological and brain sciences professors.

Hanlon's July 23 letter calls on Gov. Sununu to support HB 105, HB 106 and SB 67.

news

Hanlon urges Sununu to support voting rights bills

In a July 23 letter addressed to Gov. Chris Sununu (R), Hanlon urged the New Hampshire governor to support three pending pieces of legislation — House Bills 105 and 106 and Senate Bill 67 — all of which were passed by the Democratic-controlled state legislature earlier this year.

An external investigation found that there is “significant room for improvement” in the execution of OPO-led trips. 

news

College concludes Moosilauke missing student investigation

The external investigation into how a student went missing during a May outdoor programs office-led trip on Mount Moosilauke has concluded, College spokeswoman Diana Lawrence confirmed to The Dartmouth yesterday. The director of outdoor programs Tim Burdick ’89, Med ’02 also resigned yesterday.

news

Dartmouth, plaintiffs enter mediation in PBS lawsuit

Dartmouth and nine women who are suing the College in federal court for failing to act on allegations of sexual misconduct against three former professors in the psychological and brain sciences department have secured a delay in the litigation to pursue mediation.