The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

year in review.jpg

news

2020: A Year in Review

Oh, 2020. For a year that took so much from us, it certainly wasn’t lacking in news. From the advent of remote learning to a nationwide reckoning with racial injustice, the College grappled with new challenges and longstanding issues alike. Here’s a look back at the headlines that shaped this historic and unconventional year.

Dartmouth-hall-for5.29

news

Winter term arrival dates delayed, quarantine period shortened

Arrival dates for students returning to campus in the winter have been postponed from Jan. 5 and 6 to Jan. 16 and 17, Provost Joseph Helble announced in a campus-wide email on Monday afternoon. The delay comes amid the growing number of COVID-19 cases in the Upper Valley and an anticipated post-holiday surge in transmission.

corona particle.jpg

news

College sees spike in quarantine numbers

Even as positive COVID-19 cases at the College remain in the single digits, 56 students are currently in quarantine and five are in isolation, according to Dartmouth’s COVID-19 dashboard.

hockey.jpg

sports

Q&A: Athletics director Harry Sheehy on winter sports cancellation

The Ivy League announced on Thursday that all winter intercollegiate athletic competition has been canceled, with the start of spring sport seasons delayed until at least the end of February. The league added that postponed fall sports — including football — will not be moved to the spring. For the third time this year, the Ivy League became the first Division I conference to cancel its upcoming athletic season.