The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

Moore Hall houses the psychological and brain sciences department.

news

Dartmouth, plaintiffs enter mediation in PBS lawsuit

Dartmouth and nine women who are suing the College in federal court for failing to act on allegations of sexual misconduct against three former professors in the psychological and brain sciences department have secured a delay in the litigation to pursue mediation.

Four new members will join the Board of Trustees on July 1.

news

Dartmouth announces four new Board of Trustees members

A four-time Emmy Award nominee, a managing partner of a private equity firm, the executive chairman of an automotive fleet leasing and management company and the former solicitor for the U.S. Department of the Interior will be joining the College’s Board of Trustees on July 1.

The College argues that the granting of anonymity to some of the plaintiffs will prejudice its ability to defend itself in the case.

news

Dartmouth asks court to deny use of pseudonyms in ongoing PBS lawsuit

The College filed a motion in federal court on Tuesday challenging the granting of anonymity to three of the nine plaintiffs in an ongoing $70 million class action lawsuit alleging that College officials were, for over 16 years, aware of and failed to act on allegations of sexual harassment and assault against three former psychological and brain sciences professors.

Government professor Brendan Nyhan's research focuses on misinformation.

news

Brendan Nyhan to return to Dartmouth

Brendan Nyhan, a well-known political scientist who taught for seven years at Dartmouth before accepting a position at the University of Michigan last year, will be returning to the College full-time on July 1, he confirmed to The Dartmouth in an email statement.