The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

Luke Cuomo and Ariela Kovary will be the next Student Assembly president and vice president.

news

Luke Cuomo '20 elected Student Assembly president

By a margin of just 34 votes out of over 1,700 cast, Dartmouth’s student body elected Luke Cuomo ’20 to become the College’s next Student Assembly president, according to a press release from the Elections Planning and Advisory Committee. The Student Assembly vice president will be Ariela Kovary ’20, who ran on a ticket with Cuomo.

Alexis Abramson, a Case Western Reserve University professor, will be the next dean of Thayer. (Hilary Bovay/Courtesy of the Office of Communications) 

news

Alexis Abramson to be next dean of Thayer

For the second time in its 150-year history, the Thayer School of Engineering will be led by a woman. The College announced today that Alexis Abramson, a Case Western Reserve University engineering professor and former Department of Energy scientist, will become dean of the school on June 17.

news

Carol Folt resigns as UNC chancellor

Former interim College President Carol Folt announced her resignation from her position as chancellor of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Monday. Folt also announced that she had ordered the removal of a Confederate statue on campus out of safety concerns. 

news

The Dartmouth appoints new interim publisher

Vinay Reddy ’20 has been appointed as The Dartmouth’s interim publisher. He previously served as the assistant director of communications and marketing. Reddy will be replacing editor-in-chief Zachary Benjamin ’19, who has been serving as acting publisher since November.