The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

Bucci came to Dartmouth as a psychological and brain sciences professor in 2004 and served as department chair from 2015 to July 2019.

news

Former PBS department chair David Bucci dies at 50

Dave Bucci, who recently served as chair of the psychological and brain sciences department, has died by suicide, College President Phil Hanlon and dean of the faculty Elizabeth Smith announced in an email to campus Wednesday morning.

The CPD is currently under the leadership of interim director Monica Wilson.

News

CPD, Rocky currently operating without permanent directors

Roger Woolsey resigned from his position as senior assistant dean and director of the Center for Professional Development on Sept. 6, which has left two major centers on campus — the CPD and the Rockefeller Center for Public Policy — without permanent heads. 

Phi Delta Alpha fraternity was suspended this summer because of an alcohol violation.

News

Phi Delta Alpha faced summer suspension

Phi Delta Alpha fraternity was suspended during the summer term after serving hard alcohol punch to an underage student, according to a report from the Organizational Adjudication Committee.

House Center B will have restricted access to Allen and School House students only. 

news

College restricts student dorm, house center access

Students will only be able to access College residences within their own House community effective this weekend, associate dean of residential life and director of residential education Mike Wooten confirmed to The Dartmouth.

The two parties in the sexual misconduct lawsuit against Dartmouth filed the details of their agreement yesterday.

news

Sexual misconduct settlement filed, Dartmouth denies wrongdoing

The parties in the sexual misconduct class action against Dartmouth made public the terms of their proposed settlement yesterday, with the College maintaining its position that it did not commit wrongdoing and expressly denying that it broke any law or statute. In a filing yesterday in the U.S. District Court of New Hampshire, the nine representative plaintiffs and the College spelled out the terms of their proposed settlement 

Former vice president Joe Biden held a campaign event on health care at Alumni Hall.

news

Joe Biden holds health care town hall at Dartmouth

Former vice president and 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden campaigned at Dartmouth on Friday, promoting his health care plan and distinguishing his positions on the issue from those of President Donald Trump and some of his opponents in the Democratic primary. 

Gov. Sununu vetoed two bills passed by the Democratic-controlled state legislature on the issue of voting registration.

news

Sununu vetoes Democratic-backed voting bills

Governor Chris Sununu has vetoed House Bills 105 and 106, two bills that would repeal recently-passed voter registration restrictions in New Hampshire. Both chambers of the Democratic-controlled state legislature are expected to meet in September to attempt to override the governor’s veto. 

Moore Hall houses the psychological and brain sciences department.

news

Judge grants extension in PBS lawsuit mediation

A federal judge yesterday granted an extension in the mediation between Dartmouth and nine plaintiffs in an ongoing lawsuit contending that College officials failed to act on allegations of sexual misconduct against three former psychological and brain sciences professors.