The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

news

Credit or no-credit grading announced for all spring courses

All Dartmouth undergraduate courses will be graded on a credit or no-credit basis for the upcoming spring term, Provost Joseph Helble announced in an email to campus on Monday morning. Graduate courses will continue to use their regular grading systems. 

news

College to convert Maxwell apartments to self-quarantine site

The College has begun clearing students’ belongings out of Maxwell Hall to provide a space for students who have remained on campus and may need to self-quarantine, according to an email sent by Dean of the College Kathryn Lively to winter residents of the building on Tuesday morning. 

news

Dartmouth student tests presumptive positive for COVID-19

A Dartmouth graduate student living off-campus has tested “presumptive positive” for COVID-19, provost Joseph Helble announced in a campus-wide email on Monday night. This marks the first case of the novel coronavirus within the College community.

news

Three students, professor awaiting COVID-19 test results

Three students living off-campus have been tested for the novel coronavirus, the College’s COVID-19 task force co-chairs Lisa Adams and Joshua Keniston announced in an email sent to campus this morning. College spokesperson Diana Lawrence told The Dartmouth that one of the students is an undergraduate, and two are graduate students.

News

Move to online classes presents new challenges for faculty, staff

Dartmouth’s move to remote learning has left both students and professors with questions about how spring classes will unfold. The College has kept open the possibility that students may return to campus in May, but provost Joseph Helble warned that students should not expect to return to campus this upcoming term.

“These are unprecedented times for our school,” wrote Tuck School of Business dean Matthew Slaughter in a statement announcing the decision on Wednesday.

news

Tuck to move first two weeks of spring classes online

Tuck School of Business students will be required to take their classes online for the first two weeks of spring term, according to an email sent to campus by College provost Joseph Helble earlier this evening. Dartmouth will make an announcement by Monday as to whether it will take similar action for undergraduate classes.