The Dartmouth Senior Staff

Articles

Dave Bucci was chair of the psychological and brain sciences department from 2015 to 2019.

News

NYT: Former PBS chair grew distressed after mentioned in lawsuit

Dave Bucci, a former psychological and brain sciences professor and department chair who died by suicide last October, grew “deeply distressed” after being mentioned several times in a class action sexual misconduct lawsuit filed against the College and fell into the depression he had been treated for years prior, according to a recent report in the New York Times.

Residences will be universally open to students between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., the College announced Monday.

news

College restores universal access to dorms during daytime hours

After restricting access to residence halls within students’ House communities at the beginning of fall term, the College will now allow universal student access to residential facilities between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. daily. Overnight access to residential facilities is still restricted to residents and House members.

Bucci came to Dartmouth as a psychological and brain sciences professor in 2004 and served as department chair from 2015 to July 2019.

news

Former PBS department chair David Bucci dies at 50

Dave Bucci, who recently served as chair of the psychological and brain sciences department, has died by suicide, College President Phil Hanlon and dean of the faculty Elizabeth Smith announced in an email to campus Wednesday morning.

The CPD is currently under the leadership of interim director Monica Wilson.

News

CPD, Rocky currently operating without permanent directors

Roger Woolsey resigned from his position as senior assistant dean and director of the Center for Professional Development on Sept. 6, which has left two major centers on campus — the CPD and the Rockefeller Center for Public Policy — without permanent heads. 

Phi Delta Alpha fraternity was suspended this summer because of an alcohol violation.

News

Phi Delta Alpha faced summer suspension

Phi Delta Alpha fraternity was suspended during the summer term after serving hard alcohol punch to an underage student, according to a report from the Organizational Adjudication Committee.