Editor's Note

Mirror readers, Mirror readers, the end of your agony approaches!

It’s over — it’s all over! Extinguish the paper shredders. Put away your scissors.

You’ll no longer need to spend your weeks doubled over in pain. There are some memories too difficult to repress — and memories of the poorly-constructed schlock you’ve been saddled with each week certainly don’t fade with age.

The pen is undoubtedly mightier than the sword, but a pen brandished by an idiot is slightly less mighty than you may think.

But rejoice, for the end is nigh. This permutation of the Editor’s Note is on its way out.

No, I’m not going anywhere. But my editors — wise, loyal, brilliant and true — realized that the easiest way to shackle this beast is to force an unwitting soul to do the handcuffing for them. (Ooh, “shackle” and “handcuff” in one sentence — what is this, 50 Shades of Gray?)

Maddie Brown ’16 — of “Finding Your Unicorn” fame — will be joining me to edit this magazine together. She’s well-prepared for the task — as well-prepared as one can be — but still, send her your prayers. The upshot? You won’t have to read one of these Notes penned by me alone ever again.

It is deeply fitting that my last solo Editor’s Note accompanies a magazine devoted to sharing. Sharing secrets, homes or even hookups can be unwieldy and deeply difficult. But doing so also brings certain rewards.

I’ve grown a great deal sharing this column each week. Thank you for bearing with me.