Parties abound on Green Key Weekend

ALPHA CHI ALPHA -- On Friday night, these brothers will host one of the funkiest New York alternative bands , Thin Lizard Dawn, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. This band is beginning to hit the airwaves on 99-Rock. With such a "sweet" band, you can't afford to miss this event. When asked what they'd be doing on Saturday, the brothers replied, "recovering from Friday night.

Alpha Delta -- AD will surely be one of the best bets this weekend. Hangout with the brothers during their Saturday afternoon party, from 10 to 3, with their staple band, Downtime. Later that night, from 9 to 1, Grooveasaurus will be rocking the house.

Alpha Theta -- This coed will be bringing out the old and the new to the campus. They'll have their usual Friday Night Tails (8 to 12:30) and will host a tie-dye picnic and BBQ party Sunday afternoon. Bring your shirts and be prepared to leave with groovy threads.

Amarna -- On Friday night, there will be a pong tournament and socializing for house members and friends.

Beta Theta Pi -- What? The Beta brothers are planning to lay low this weekend, at least for the time being. They're not planning any big parties. Bummer. They're watching football (?).

Bones Gate -- On Friday night from 5 to 10, the brothers will have a costume party by invite only. On Saturday, from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m., there will be a party with a band called Vertical Leap.

Chi Gamma Epsilon -- The brothers will co-host a "Come As You Are" party with Sigma Delt on Saturday morning at 9. Later, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m., they'll be hosting an open party with DJ "Wheels of Steel" Jason Hendricks. Some of the best music and dancing is sure to be happening there.

Chi Heorot -- Watching hockey. The Bruins lost. Shucks!

Delta Delta Delta -- This sorority will be playing it cool, calm and collected this weekend. They won't be holding any events in the house, but look out for the sisters this weekend at Alpha Chi.

Delta Gamma -- The sisters will be co-hosting the "Wild Rumpus Part 2" party at Sigma Nu on Friday night at 11 to 3, DJ Jason Hendricks '96.

Epsilon Kappa Theta -- The events are closed to the rest of the campus. They're too cool.

Gamma Delta Chi -- On Friday, the brothers will host an open "Back to Blacklight" party with a DJ and dancing from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Saturday, stop by to visit Kenji and have smooth beers.

Kappa Chi Kappa -- The brothers on 1 Webster Avenue won't be holding any big parties open to the campus. But look out, maybe they'll have their weekly Friday tails in the basement ...

Kappa Delta Epsilon -- The women of KDE will co-host a daytime party at the Boom Boom Lodge on Friday afternoon from 2 to 8 featuring the band God Street Wine. On Saturday afternoon, the sisters will be having a closed BBQ. They'll be out at the parties Friday and Saturday nights -- check AD.

Kappa Kappa Gamma -- The sisters will be co-hosting a party with the Boom Boom Lodge on Friday afternoon from 2 to 8 with the band, God Street Wine.

Panarchy -- They will have a BBQ with music on Friday at 6 p.m. They'll be a hot spot Saturday night when the music pumps with the band the Ed Riley Trio playing in the Blue Room from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Phi Delta Alpha -- On Friday afternoon, stop by for a great outdoor band and party from 5 to 8 with Jim Jones and the Punch.

Phi Tau -- This dry house will be serving up movies at "Friday Flicks" (8 p.m. to 1 a.m.) and its Sunday ice cream social called "Sunday Evening eXtravaganza."

Psi Upsilon -- There'll be an open party on Friday night from 10 to 3 featuring the University of Vermont band, Uncle Juice. On Saturday, the brothers will be too cool for others -- the house will be closed for brothers and alumni.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon -- Closed both Friday and Saturday nights, fraternity President Jeremy Katz '95 said last night. There will be no jungle flashback for anyone until May 21 due to "construction." Can't imagine what they are doing.

Sigma Delta -- See Chi Gam for Saturday morning. On Saturday night from 9 to 1 there will be a party with DJ and dancing.

Sigma Nu For Friday see DG.

Sigma Phi Epsilon -- On Friday, Sig Ep will have its once-a-term event called, "The Convention," which is by invite only and begins at 5:55 p.m. on Friday. Hmmm ... Winners. On Saturday, the brothers will feature a funky Phili band called Vitamin F (formerly Shaky Jake) from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Theta Delta Chi -- After Thursday night's closed toga party from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. titled "Gods and Goddesses," the Boom Booms will host God Street Wine on the front lawn of the house from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday.

Zeta Psi -- The "nice guys" on campus will be co-hosting a closed barbeque a with EKT. Sorry, it's a closed party so try back later that night, when the Zete brothers throw their "Skaboodah" party with a live band from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Make sure to stop by and see Magic and Mo, but don't feed Magic Moe's.