Greek council officers elected

Jen Main '95 of Delta Delta Delta sorority was elected summer president of the Co-ed Fraternity Sorority Council yesterday during elections for summer positions on the main Greek councils.

The elections included posts for the CFSC and the Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils.

Jason Lombardelli '95, a member of Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity, was elected vice president of the CFSC , and Tamara Busch '95, a member of Delta Gamma sorority, was elected Treasurer.

David Shamberger '95, a member of Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity, was elected as Student Assembly representative.

Scott Swenson '95, a member of Gamma Delta Chi fraternity, was elected summer president of the IFC, the governing body of the College's fraternities.

Claudia Ginsberg '95, was elected to the position of president of the Panhell, the governing body of the College's sororities.

Main said she hopes to use the opportunity to make her experience with the Greek system more worthwhile.

"One of they main goals we have is to promote the image of the Greek system," Main said. She said she hopes to establish "positive programming" in order to extend the reputation of the Greek system with the Trustees, non-Greek students and the Hanover community.

Main has served on many of her sorority's committees and as chaplain, the house member in charge of promoting "fraternity education", including safe-sex presentations.

The Co-ed Council, the governing body of the College's three co-ed houses, Alpha Theta, Phi Tau and the Tabard, did not elect any officer during yesterday's election, according to Liz Shor '95, last term's Co-ed Council president.

Shor said a new president should be elected soon. She added the three co-ed houses will elect the council's officers via blitzmail.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon was the only fraternity that did not send a representative to yesterday's election.

Each co-ed house and fraternity sent one representative. Sororities with over forty members on campus, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Delta Delta, Epsilon Kappa Theta and Delta Gamma, sent two representatives.

The PanHellenic Council, which includes the historically black societies, did not hold elections yesterday because of low membership.