Luis Del Valle
The Setonian
News

East German author reads works

German novelist, essayist and current Montgomery Fellow Christa Wolf gave a reading of her major works last night in Cook Auditorium. Wolf, born and raised in the former East Germany, has drawn on her life experiences to inspire her work.

The Setonian
Sports

Lightweights eliminated at the Henley Regatta

The Dartmouth men's lightweight varsity and junior varsity boats were eliminated last week from the Royal Henley Regatta in England, only after both boats were able to advance to the second round of the prestigious race. The defeat of the Big Green team came after several wins against British crew teams. The varsity boat came from behind on Wednesday to beat the Molesley Boat Club, and the junior varsity boat also won over another British crew team. But the Big Green's final match at the Henley came on Thursday, when the varsity boat lost by a length to a London crew team.

The Setonian
News

Greek council officers elected

Jen Main '95 of Delta Delta Delta sorority was elected summer president of the Co-ed Fraternity Sorority Council yesterday during elections for summer positions on the main Greek councils. The elections included posts for the CFSC and the Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils. Jason Lombardelli '95, a member of Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity, was elected vice president of the CFSC , and Tamara Busch '95, a member of Delta Gamma sorority, was elected Treasurer. David Shamberger '95, a member of Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity, was elected as Student Assembly representative. Scott Swenson '95, a member of Gamma Delta Chi fraternity, was elected summer president of the IFC, the governing body of the College's fraternities. Claudia Ginsberg '95, was elected to the position of president of the Panhell, the governing body of the College's sororities. Main said she hopes to use the opportunity to make her experience with the Greek system more worthwhile. "One of they main goals we have is to promote the image of the Greek system," Main said.

The Setonian
News

Larimore to leave College

Colleen Larimore, director of the College's Native American Program, will leave Dartmouth at the end of the Spring term. Larimore's departure was announced in a letter released by Assistant Dean of Students Dan Nelson on May 4. According to Nelson, Larimore is planning to move to the San Francisco area to begin a doctoral studies program in sociology within the next year. Larimore received her undergraduate degree from Dartmouth in 1985 and she was president of Native Americans at Dartmouth, the College's Native American students' organization, during her senior year. From 1985 until 1989, Larimore was assistant director of admissions at the College and served temporarily as director of minority recruitment.

The Setonian
News

Deer runs through Fairchild window

Chased by dogs, a frightened deer smashed through a first floor window of the Fairchild Natural Sciences Center last night. The deer sped through the building, leaped out a window in Room 18 and ran across campus to Memorial Field where it bled to death, according to Hanover Police Sgt.

More articles »