The Opinion Staff
The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer

Friday's Verbum Ultimum urged College President Jim Yong Kim and the Board of Trustees to address the upcoming budget cuts with creativity. To what degree, if at all, should Kim and the trustees involve the Dartmouth community in the decision-making process?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer

Friday's Verbum Ultimum called for Dean of the College Sylvia Spears and Student Assembly to select an Organizational Adjudication Committee student board that is representative of the student body. What do you consider to be the ideal makeup of the board, and how should Spears and the Assembly populate it?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: OAC Reform

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the proposed changes to the procedures and structure of the Organizational Adjudication Committee. Do you believe these changes are appropriate, and if so, why?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: Hanover Police

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the policies of Hanover Police, as they pertain to student social life at the College. Do you consider these policies to be problematic? Why or why not?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: Swine Flu

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the reaction of the College, and of campus media, to potential cases of swine flu at Dartmouth. Do you believe this reaction was appropriate? If not, what should the College and campus media have done differently?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: Same-sex marriage

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the New Hampshire Senate's recent passage of a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. What is your reaction to this bill, its amendments and a potential veto by Gov. John Lynch, D-N.H.

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: Zywicki's Removal

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the removal of Trustee Todd Zywicki '88 from the Board of Trustees. Do you believe the Board was justified in its actions? Under what circumstances, and by way of what procedures, do you believe the Board should remove alumni-elected trustees?

The Setonian
Opinion

Short Answer: Oversight Reforms

Friday's Verbum Ultimum discussed the case of Mohammad Usman and its implications for life at Dartmouth. Has the incident diminished your faith in the College's systems of oversight, and if so, what reforms should the College and/or the Tucker Foundation consider implementing?

More articles »