Marie-Capucine Pineau-Valencienne

Articles

cappy.jpg

Mirror

The Other Side of Fear

My mother always said that you need darkness in order to fully appreciate light. At 10, 13, 15, even at 18, I did not like this analogy. 

Mirror

Editor's Note: Let's Get Political

The last few weeks, and months, have been pretty crazy ­— news of mailed pipe bombs, an accusation of sexual assault by a Supreme Court nominee and yet another mass shooting driven by anti-Semitism have left many in this country reeling.

Mirror

Editor's Note: Gender

Gender. Some of us think about it more than others — one may happen to notice this particular aspect of one’s identity more in certain situations, such as walking home at night in the city.

Mirror

Editor's Note: Silence

Our campus, though nestled in the white mountains of New Hampshire, hours away from the hustle and bustle of city life, is a thriving and pulsing center.

mirror

Editor's Note: Hierarchy

Hierarchy. Our lives, and society, are often structured around hierarchies. Some of the hierarchies around us are benign.

mirror

Editor's Note: Evolution

Evolution. It’s the reason why we’re here. It’s why we stand on two legs, why most of us get our wisdom teeth taken out, why we have five fingers to clasp our morning coffee.

mirror

Editor's Note: Time Flies

Time flies when you’re having fun. Or in our case, time flies when your term is packed back-to-back with midterms, meetings, lunch dates and midnight cram sessions.

mirror

Editor's Note: Blessings In Disguise

Carolyn: I was disappointed to find out that I was randomly assigned to live in the River — notoriously known as one of the worst dorms because of its distant location from the center of campus.