Emily Johnson '12
The Setonian
Opinion

Protecting Journalism

Nothing in journalism class had prepared me for it. The source I had been interviewing for my very first high school newspaper assignment had just pulled my notebook out of my hands and ripped out the pages containing our interview, shouting that if I wasn't going to report impartially, then he wasn't going to talk to me.

The Setonian
News

The Undercover D-Plan

Members of the Class of 2013, your Dartmouth brainwashing is almost over. The carefully designed indoctrination program that you have been undergoing since the first day of DOC Trips will culminate in a pagan-esque ritual involving fire and the chanting of certain ritual recitations on the evening of Friday, Oct.

The Setonian
Opinion

No Such Thing as Free Learning

Harvard, Stanford, Duke and Oxford universities, along with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, may all be considered among the most exclusive universities in the world, but you no longer have to be a valedictorian, an All-American athlete, the founder of a successful not-for-profit or even a high-school graduate to attend one of their classes. Harvard is the most recent addition to the small but growing group of prestigious universities that are making some form of their course materials available to the general public, online and free of charge.

More articles »