College President Phil Hanlon addresses recent “disturbing” events

College President Phil Hanlon personally met with campus leaders last Friday and will meet with members of Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority today to address additional concerns following a week of “disturbing incidents on campus.” In a campus-wide email sent this afternoon, Hanlon emphasized, “sexual assault, gender-based harassment, interpersonal violence and stalking have no place in our community.”

In the email statement, Hanlon wrote that campus safety and security is “highest priority,” adding that the Hanover Police department and Safety and Security are taking additional safety measures. In addition to an increase in regular patrols, student residence hall card access has been limited to students officially assigned to those locations and access codes on all sorority entrances have been changed.

Hanlon’s email comes following a string of incidents, including a reported burglary and written threat at KDE, a laundry bag theft from a residence hall and an email scam threat.

“We each have a role to play in combatting these issues,” Hanlon wrote. “My personal and our institutional commitment is strong and unwavering.”

Anyone with information or concerns about the incidents this past week is encouraged to call Safety and Security at (603) 646-4000 or Hanover Police at (603) 643-2222.