Editor's Note

Hello, Mirror readers. Congratulations on making it to the weekend and, more importantly, being halfway done with 16W (we can barely believe it either).

This week, in an effort to bring some levity to a campus overwrought with ever-present exams and weirdly unseasonable) weather, Caroline and Hayley decided to theme The Mirror around humor.

While storyboarding the issue, Caroline and Hayley discussed their own perspectives and experiences with humor. Hayley modestly explained that she did stand-up comedy once, although she wouldn’t necessarily call herself all that funny (she does have tact, after all). Sheepishly, Caroline admitted that the thought of being on a stage in any comedic capacity absolutely mortified her and was potentially her worst nightmare.

Both of their friends often describe them as funny, but they agree that that’s more due to a propensity for unfortunate (but humorous) circumstances to befall them, than any intrinsic comedic ability. In their late nights at the office (have they mentioned that they have a lot of late nights?), Caroline and Hayley like to destress by laughing. See, they’re just like you. Before they get ahead of themselves, though, Caroline reminds Hayley that they edit the Friday insert of The D — the section that is mostly likely to physically fall, unread, right out of the newspaper and onto the floor.

As Charlie Chaplin said, “Life is a tragedy when seen in close, but a comedy in long shot.” In that same vein, Hayley fondly recalled when Caroline once accidentally deleted an article and they both started hysterically laughing to cope with the immense stress of the situation.

This week, The Mirror runs the gamut of humor; read about everything from politically correct comedy to how attractive humor is as a personal quality. Enjoy the issue!