Kadish, Snyder to leave the College in the fall

Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Steven Kadish will leave the College in the middle of September to become the senior vice president and chief operating officer at Northeastern University, according to an announcement by Interim President Carol Folt. Vice President for Campus Planning and Facilities Linda Snyder, Kadish's wife, will depart at the same time to assume her new role as the vice president of operations at Tufts University.

In an internal email sent to academic deans and leaders on campus today, Folt announced changes in the administrative divisions that report to the president.

Mike Wagner, who has served as vice president for finance since 2010, has been named interim chief financial officer upon Kadish's departure. Wagner served as the College's controller before becoming the Geisel School of Medicine's chief financial officer in 2008.

David Spalding, who served as chief of staff for former College President Jim Yong Kim, will assume the position of senior vice president and senior advisor to the president, Folt announced.

Kadish and Folt, who served as provost of the College from 2010 to 2012, presided over $100 million in budget cuts under Kim.

Before coming to Dartmouth, Kadish served as the director of the global health equity division of Harvard University-affiliated Brigham and Women's Hospital. Kim was the division's chief. From 2003 to 2006, he served as Massachusetts' undersecretary for health and human services.

Snyder was appointed as Dartmouth's chief facilities operator in 2010. She worked at Harvard prior to joining the College's staff.