Hot to Make it to Your 9L

To be honest, I couldn't get up on time to make it to my 9L several times this term. Instead, I would go to the second session at 10. But not everyone has this another chance to get attendance right.Their courses are just too unique. Many of my friends just end up skipping the 9L. However, unless it is somehow an absolute, total waste of your time to go to class, it is better not to skip your morning classes. Not surprising, according to research done by Minnesota State University and University of California, Santa Cruz, attendance is statistically significant in explaining class grade and overall performance of students.

Here are a few tips to make it to your 9L and even actually stay awake during the lecture.

1. Don't drink caffeinated beverages after 8 p.m. (caffeine stays in your body system for about six hours).

2. Don't think that skipping your 9L is an option, just tell yourself that you must attend.

3. Try to avoid getting into the habit of hitting the snooze button. Set several alarm clocks.

4. Arrange your clothes for the next day before you go to bed.

5. Prepare some snacks the night before and bring them to the class. And get something to drink (coffee or tea) during the lecture.

6. "Hypnotize" yourself to believe that you will not fall asleep during the lecture because you can always take a nap after class. (We'd need a whole other article to cover how to make it to both your 9L and 10.) 9Ls last for only ONE HOUR. Your will to stay awake greatly influences your brain capacity and behaviors!