Editors' Note

Date: 26 Jan 2009 03:20:19 -0400

From: Amita A. Kulkarni

Subject: ugh

To: Jennifer E. Argote

Guess what your brilliant partner-in-crime did today? I've been pretty miffed at you-know-who and thought it would be a good idea to blitz him how I was feeling instead of being my passive-aggressive self (a la Thursday nights at The D) and expecting things to blow over. So a heartfelt, 5K blitz later where I have been honest and definitely put myself out there, I hit send " only to realize that I sent the blitz to some rando guy!!! wtf? How does this shit happen to me?! Now this guy probably thinks I'm some crazy, needy psycho girl.

So I'm blitzing you this story not to give you another reason to believe that I'm a moron. Rather, this absurd situation has made me realize how ridiculous Blitz is and that we should do a Mirror issue on it " all about Blitz culture at Dartmouth. In my mind, it's one of the greatest and worst inventions ever made. I'm so obsessed that I check it probably 100 times a day, but it's also responsible for some of the most embarrassing situations I've ever been in at Dartmouth (like the above).

We go to a school where blitz wars, blitz bombs and blitz jacks pose real threats to our daily lives and where "being witty on Blitz" is a legitimate criterion when looking for Mr. Right. And more than three years into Dartmouth and getting closer to the "real world," I don't think I'll ever be able to switch from using the term "blitz" to "e-mail."

I'm rambling but here's the idea. Let me know your thoughts. Word money.

--Amita

Date: 27 Jan 2009 12:55:19 -0400

From: Jennifer E. Argote

Subject: ugh

To: Amita A. Kulkarni

Get over it.