Norwich resident, 16, reported missing

James Holley, a 16-year-old resident of Norwich, Vt., was reported missing to the Norwich Police Department at 8 a.m. on Feb. 28. That evening, the police's bloodhound traced Holley's scent to Foodstop on Main Street in Hanover, N.H., but was unable to trace the scent further. Police believe he may have left Foodstop in a car between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m.

Norwich Police are in the process of reviewing the surveillance videotapes pulled from Foodstop. Employees there did not recall seeing Holley, Norwich Police Chief Doug Robinson said.

College Proctor Harry Kinne sent a BlitzMail message to the Dartmouth campus Monday afternoon to inform the community of Holley's disappearance on behalf of the Norwich and Hanover Police.

The e-mail asked community members with any information to report it to one of the police departments and to notify any friends from "outside the area" of the situation if they left Hanover in a car that morning. The e-mail also said that Holley, who suffers from disabilities, is in need of his medication.

Holley, a 6-foot-1-inch Hanover High School student who weighs 170 pounds, is believed to have been wearing a red Scottish kilt at the time of disappearance, according to Kinne's BlitzMail message.

The Norwich Police Department is not currently investigating any leads.

"So far all of the leads we've followed up on we've been able to explain and rule out so we're still looking," Robinson said.

The police's bloodhound traced Holley's scent from his home in Norwich across the Ledyard Bridge and up West Wheelock Street in Hanover to the corner of Main Street. It then traced the scent south on Main Street to Foodstop.

Friends and family of Holley are hanging posters, with a photograph of the teenager, around town and on the Dartmouth campus.