Mirror PicKs

Book: "Pat the Politician: A Political Pull and Poke Parody"

Light "reading" and the perfect gift for your favorite govy major. But before you give it away, be sure to pull Barbara Bush's hair, feel Al Gore's wooden personality and grope Arnold Schwarzenegger's biceps. - Sara Del Nido

Music: "Debaser," by the Pixies

The next time you see a short film that opens with a man's eye being razored open ... will you write a song about it? Maybe if you were Frank Black you would. Would you mix up your genders and confuse proper nouns with adjectives just like he did? Who knows ... but would anyone really notice, let alone care, as long as it rocked like this song does? - John Beardsley

Movie: "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," directed by Larry Charles (2006)

Sacha Baron Cohen is Borat, a Kazak reporter on a mission to understand and document American culture. As Americans, we laugh at his ridiculous comments and outfits, yet the laughing dies down when we realize that Cohen has presented us with our own misconceptions about foreigners and ultimately the joke is on us. The film is also unexpectedly smart and revealing, not only of the male body, but also of the deep misogyny, homophobia and anti-Semitism hidden in our "politically-correct" culture. This movie is a must see over Thanksgiving. - Bailey Massey

TV: "Prison Break," Fox Mondays at 8 p.m.

There is no other time that I yell at the TV more than when I'm watching Prison Break. The plotlines of this show are completely outrageous and the fact that they've managed to escape jail is utterly insane. But the writing is creative and each of the actors brings great intensity and talent to their roles. It may not be an Emmy-winner, but it's exciting TV. See you in Panama Michael? - Louisa McCarthy