The List

A weekly list of lifestyle tips. This week's List includes a few tips for starting Spring term off with style.

1. The Hop is sweet

Sweeter then it was at least. Suddenly they are offering some variation from their usual gamit of pastries with Skittles, Snickers, Rolos, and bags of Pepperidge Farm cookies. Our personal favorites are the coconut granola and the mystery Airheads that are somewhat oddly located in the fridge.

1. Left Bank Bookstore

If you haven't ever been in there you need to fix that. First of all, some of those books you just emptied your pockets to buy for classes might just be there for literally half the price. And while you're checking you'll find yourself holding a book about whatever it is you love. Old comics, jewelry, Bob Dylan, obscure playwrights, baking, kite flying; we don't know what you people are into but it's probably there and it won't cost more to buy then a sandwich at Thayer.

1. Folk

Damn, does your room look like the inside of a shoe box? Smack some fabric from Folk up on your walls for a quick and cheap way to get a little color and texture in your life.

1. Canoe Club for lunch

Best fries in a 30 mile radius. Bottom line. And don't let the fancy reputation stop you. Baby spinach, cranberry chutney and roasted turkey on a grilled cheddar panini which comes with the heavenly fries for a little more than 10 dollars including tip.

1. The HB Garden

Wait, there's a garden to sit in on this campus? Yep, its outside the Hop near the backdoor of the mail center. Benches, trees, pretty flowers, even a sculpture or two ... it's definitely a garden. We love the Green but between the pick-up soccer games and the cocktail party atmosphere it's not always the most peaceful of places. Want a little quiet time? Check the garden out.