July 27, 2024 | Latest Issue

Feltus '05 dies in Ariz.

WEB UPDATE, Dec. 3, 11:03 p.m.

Recent Dartmouth alumnus Jordan Feltus '05 passed away early Wednesday morning in Phoenix, Ariz.

Feltus, who was working at a Phoenix-area hospital, died of complications from a rare genetic disorder, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. The disorder causes symptoms that include weak blood vessels, lung problems and problems with blood clotting.

Feltus was an active member of the Dartmouth community during his time at the College. As brother at Alpha Theta fraternity, he served as social chair and community service chair. He was also involved in community service outside the fraternity, Alpha Theta president Daniel Simons '06 said, and participated in alternative spring break trips to underprivileged areas.

"Jordan was an incredible man and a wonderful brother at Alpha Theta," Simons said. "He was kind, loyal and selfless. He was a man you could always rely on."

Feltus was in the process of applying to graduate schools, friend Kendra Vierbickas '06 said, and was continuing to pursue the interest he had shown in biology and neuro-psychology while at Dartmouth.

"Jordan was an amazing person who affected so many lives here at Dartmouth," Vierbickas said. "Up until the last, he never ceased to pursue his dreams and accomplish his goals."

A funeral will be held Monday at the Great Kills Moravian Church on Staten Island, and a memorial at Dartmouth is scheduled for Jan. 14 for those students who cannot attend the funeral.