Big Green host Yale

For Dartmouth swimming, Winter Carnival means beating Yale, and that is exactly what the Big Green plan to do as the men take to Karl B. Marx Pool tonight at 7:00 p.m. and the women return Saturday at 1:00 p.m.

The Big Green have not been fortunate in past years, as both the men and women have struggled to beat strong Yale teams.

For the women (4-5 overall and 4-2 Ivy), the meet will be an opportunity to break a three meet losing streak. It is also the Big Green's last meet before the ECAC Championships.Dartmouth's hopes rest mainly on Andrea Hill '97. Last year against Yale, Hill won both of her individual events, and she is currently the only active Big Green swimmer to have won an event against Yale. Look for her to build upon her 200 breaststroke time, as Hill is the first woman in Dartmouth swimming history to break the 2:20 barrier in the event

For the men, this season has been a far brighter one, and the Big Green will look to avenge a 183-112 loss to Yale last season and earn their third Ivy League win of the season.

The Big Green will look to Jon Kenyon '97 and Ben Lannon '96 for leadership. These two swimmers were the only ones to obtain individual wins against Yale last year.

Several freshmen will also add to the Big Green's chances of victory. Diver Toby Hays '99 remains undefeated since the team's first meet against Navy, while swimmer Michael Hooper '99 turned in a meet record against Army last weekend.