Class Officers meet over weekend

Approximately 450 alumni from more than 70 classes came to Hanover this weekend for Class Officers' Weekend, where they shared ideas and common problems and listened to a speech by Acting College President James Wright.

The annual weekend, which is organized by the Alumni Relations Office, provides an opportunity to teach the new class officers from the senior class about their responsibilities and to train them for their officer positions, according to Jan Bent, the acting associate director of alumni relations.

In addition, this weekend provided the first opportunity for the majority of the alumni to meet Nelson Armstrong, the new director of alumni relations, Bent said.

Various meetings and panel discussions were held throughout the weekend, including meetings of the various officer associations. Many different class officer positions were represented, including class presidents and vice-presidents. Each office has its own member association.

Steve Adnopoz '78, the outgoing president of the presidents' association, presided over this year's weekend.

"I was very pleased," Adnopoz said."I think it went off according to plan ... and there was good feedback from our class leadership."

John Ferries '59, the new president of the presidents' association, said the weekend allowed individual officers to share their ideas in a group forum.

Individual class officers might meet during the year, Ferries said, "but we don't have the benefit of meeting with 70 other class presidents."