SA review report due May 9

The Student Assembly External Review Committee will present its findings at the May 9 general Assembly meeting, said committee chair and senior class Vice President Hosea Harvey '95.

The Assembly will vote on the committee's recommendations on May 16.

Assembly President Rukmini Sichitiu '95 and Vice President John Honovich '97 chose Harvey last term to lead the panel charged with tackling the daunting task of reforming the Assembly.

The committee was charged with reviewing the current structure of the Assembly and providing recommendations for improving its communication with the student body and the way it attends to student's needs.

Harvey said the committee is focusing its energies in three different directions. Harvey has assigned committee members to investigate specific topics like the models of student government at other Ivy League schools, administrative involvement, factors which help and hinder the current Assembly and general student opinion.

The committee, selected by Harvey, is composed ofthree non-Assembly members and three Assembly members.

The three "organizational leaders" are former Assembly member Steve Fagell '95, Hadley Mullin '96, who co-wrote Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority's constitution and Kytja Weir '98, a member of the crew team.

Sophomore class Vice President Matt Shafer '97, Assembly publicity committee co-Chair Alex Morgan '95, and former Assembly treasurer Ben Hill '98 are the Assembly representatives on the committee.

Harvey said members will gather information, finish their research and examine the problems of the Assembly from different angles before making any recommendations.