Morton named director of corporate relations

A. Kent Morton was recently named as the new director of Dartmouth Foundation and Corporate Relations, an office which seeks monetary gifts from private foundations and corporations.

Stanley Colla, vice president for development and alumni relations, appointed Morton at the start of Winter term. Morton, who replaces Ken Spritz who left last February to go to Tufts University, spent the past year as the acting director.

"I'm delighted at the opportunity to continue to lead the office," Morton said yesterday.

Morton said he will focus particular attention on completing the Foundation and Corporate Relations portion of the $500 million Will to Excel Campaign, which has raised $92 million of its $115 million goal as of Dec. 31.

"Morton was seen as the top choice both because of his experience at Dartmouth and in the field, as well as his personal abilities to understand the nature of this particular kind of fund-raising," Colla said. "I am confident he will do a superb job."

Foundations and Corporate Relations had raised $92 million and needed $23 million to complete its $115 portion of the campaign, as of December 31, Morton said.