Campus remembers Brown '97 Sunday

A memorial service for Adam Brown '97 will be held Sunday in Rollins Chapel at 2:30 p.m. A reception will follow the ceremony.

Rabbi Daniel Siegel will officiate the service. Several friends and at least one of Brown's family members will make an address.

The ceremony will feature an eulogy by Karim Hruska '97, a close friend of Brown since high school, and a trumpet performance by Adrian Tompsett '97, Brown's freshman year roommate. Jeffrey Brown '66, his father, will speak and other members of his family may contribute as well.

"We are having a certain number of speakers, but who exactly will be speaking has not been set yet," said Hruska, who organized the memorial along with Siegel and Sophomore Class Dean Teoby Gomez.

Brown passed away Sept. 27. According to Stella Hayes, a clerk at the County of Santa Clara Medical Examiner/Coroner's Office, Brown died of a cardiac arrest that was prompted by his meningeal spinal cancer. His funeral took place Friday, Sept. 30 at Los Gatos Memorial Park in his home town of Los Gatos, Calif.

Brown was a fencer and an active member of the Programming Board.

"He had a great sense of humor and he was just fun to be around. If there was stuff bothering you he'd always cheer you up," Zach Scott '97 said in an interview after Brown died.

Contributions can be sent to the Adam Brown '97 Scholarship fund in care of the Stewardship Office of Dartmouth college at Hinman Box 6066.