Three '96s arrested

Hanover Police arrested three sophomores at a loud, off-campus party early Sunday morning after a neighbor complained about noise.

The police arrested and charged Samuel Liebhaber '96 and Aren Goldsmith '96 with supplying alcohol to minors, according to Police Dispatcher Lisa Camarra.

The arresting officer, Sergeant Patrick O'Neill, said police also took 14 under-aged students into protective custody. The police released the students to campus Safety and Security.

O'Neill said "all of the students who were under twenty-one had been drinking." The police said it would not release their names.

Goldsmith said he and Liebhaber were the hosts of the party at their house at 7 Maple Street.

Police also charged a minor, Diego Prange '96, with illegal possession of alcohol. O'Neill said Prange was arrested because there was "actual posession in [his] case."

Police investigated the noise complaint around 1:07 a.m. Sunday and discovered the party, the police said.

Liebhaber said there was one keg of Budweiser beer at the party.

O'Neill said he found most of the students outdoors on the porch. Liebhaber said there were approximately 60 to 85 people at the party which started at about 7:30 p.m.

Both Liebhaber and Goldsmith face a Class A misdemeanor with punishments of up to a year in jail and a fine of $2,000. Their court date is July 27.

Prange faces $1,000 in fines. O'Neill said Prange was offered a chance to enroll in the town's Alcohol Diversion Program.