Class Councils, COS, Green Key

Alyse Kornfeld '95 stomped incumbent Tim Rodenberger '95 last night in the race for 1995 Class Council president, besting him by 27 percent of the vote.

Current Freshman Class Council President Pamela Saunders '97 was also victorious over two other hopefuls with 46 percent of the 533 freshman votes.

"I guess our class is ready for a change," said Kornfeld, who garnered 62 percent of the 424 votes in the race.

"I'm very excited about next year and I'm looking forward to planning a lot of great events and bringing a lot more people onto the Council," she said. "And I hope that Tim [Rodenberger] will continue to stay an active member on the Council next year."

Saunders said she is excited about her win. "I think I won because I am an incumbent - the name recognition. And I had a lot of people supporting me."

Matthew Shafer '97, who is also an incumbent, garnered 72 percent of the vote in the 1997 Class Council vice-presidential election. "Pam and I had a very strong record," he said.

Unopposed candidate Brendan Doherty '96 was elected 1996 Class Council president.

Hosea Harvey '95 and Thomas Caputo '96, who also ran unopposed, won their Class Council vice-presidential races.

Jeremy Katz '95, Adriana McGrath '95 and Harvey beat 12 other students who ran in the Committee on Standards election, including Tim Cross '96, a write-in candidate.

Twenty of the 27 candidates for Green Key Society were elected to the junior community service group.

Sophomores Shelley Arakawa, Eliza Barry, Della Bennett, Laura Bennett, Thomas Caputo, Amy Harman, Jack Kolodny, Kira Lawrence, Kenneth Lee, Kerry Marsh, Scott Nudelman, Courtney O'Brien, Kelii Opulauoho, Megan Owens, Erin Rowell, Patrick Schultz, Meredith Scott, Katie Shutzer, Mary Tatman and Heidi Taylor were elected to Green Key.