22 students inducted into Phi Beta Kappa

On Monday evening, 22 students from the Class of 2018 were inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, while nine students from the Class of 2019 were awarded the Phi Beta Kappa Sophomore Prize. Fall induction to Phi Beta Kappa is given to students who, after three years of matriculation, rank among the top 20 students in their class based on GPA. The sophomore award is given to the highest ranking students in the class after five terms of enrollment at Dartmouth.

The senior inductees are Julie Becher ’18, Charlotte Blatt ’18, Dylan Cahill ’18, Katherine Clayton ’18, Lillian Eisner ’18, Caterina Florissi ’18, Alyssa Heinze ’18, Arielle Isaacson ’18, Robin Jayaswal ’18, Kennedy Jensen ’18, Kooshul Jhaveri ’18, Kevin Kang ’18, Christopher Kymn ’18, Jared Lichtman ’18, Christina Long ’18, Hung Duy Nguyen ’18, Nicholas Norwitz ’18, Jonathan Rost ’18, Emily Smid ’18, Leigh Steinberg ’18, Kent Ueno ’18 and Jean Zhou ’18.

The nine juniors who received the Sophomore Prize are Liu Chen ’19, Christine Dong ’19, Andrew Liu ’19, Anant Mishra ’19, Siyuan Qin ’19, Sonia Rowley ’19, Samantha Stern ’19, Alexander Sullivan ’19 and Ruoni Wang ’19.

The induction ceremony was held at College President Phil Hanlon’s house.

Gabriel Onate

Gabriel or ‘Gabe’ is a ’21 from Los Angeles, CA, who plans on majoring in Government and minoring in Public Policy while at Dartmouth. Gabe joined the D because of his passion for journalism that was fostered in his senior year in high school, where he first began writing news for his school’s paper. In his spare time, Gabe likes to listen to Green Day, devour sushi, and fangirl over Star Wars. He also can’t wait to get cold.