Sung Eun Choi
The Setonian
News

Crowds still plague Food Court; A year after opening, Dining Services adds menu items

Last fall, Dartmouth Dining Services opened the new Food Court in an effort to ease overcrowding in dining facilities and to increase the variety of food offered at the College. Dining Services created Food Court in anticipation of the closing of the Collis Cafe and because of the lack of patronage at Full Fare. Food Court was created through a game of musical dining rooms.

The Setonian
News

Galleria gets bomb threat

An anonymous caller told employees of Dartmouth Travel Friday afternoon that a bomb was in the Galleria, where the travel agency is located. The caller warned, "there is a bomb in the building, get out of the building," said Hanover Police Sergeant Lawrence Ranslow, who responded to the call. Ranslow said police did not cordon off the area but warned employees and shoppers of the threat. Hanover Fire Department workers were called to the scene when a bystander reported that he smelled smoke in a stairwell. But Fire Captain Mike Doolan said there was no evidence of smoke. Signs were posted around the building under the authority of Hanover Police Sergeant Nick Giaccone.

The Setonian
News

AAm president hopes to unite black students

From childhood, Zola Mashariki '94 has taken an active stance in community affairs one of her first memories of childhood is picketing with her father. Mashariki, the recently elected president of the Afro-American Society, said that memory helped her decide to use the AAm presidency as a bully pulpit to promote the enrichment of Dartmouth's black community through academic and cultural education. "The AAm has to focus on getting everybody involved, not just at parties, but at cultural and academic events as well," she said. Working with the AAm's executive committee, Mashariki has already organized the entire year's agenda.

More articles »