Mark S. Davis
The Setonian
Sports

Skiers upset UVM at SLU Carnival

The Dartmouth men's and women's ski teams surprised perennial power UVM to capture the team title in this weekend's Saint Lawrence Winter Carnival. Dartmouth took first place with 528 points, while UVM finished with 498 points.

The Setonian
Sports

Track hosts Dartmouth Relays

Shaina Damm '02 and Mustafa Abdur-Rahim '04 led the way for Dartmouth with first place finishes in the women's and men's pentathlons on the first day of action at the 32nd annual Dartmouth Relays at Leverone Field House on Friday. For the women, Damm ran away with first place, easily winning the pentathlon by over 500 points.

The Setonian
Sports

Heavyweights come in second

The Dartmouth men's heavyweight crew finished an impressive second out of 41 teams at the Foot of the Charles Regatta in Boston on Saturday to close out its season.

The Setonian
Sports

Men's soccer wins at Providence

Brad Christof '01 netted a goal with eight minutes to play in the first half to propel the Dartmouth men's soccer team to a 2-1 win on the road against Providence yesterday afternoon.

The Setonian
Sports

Men's soccer wins ninth of year

The Dartmouth men's soccer team bounced back from last weekend's heartbreaking overtime loss to Columbia to earn a hard-fought 2-1 victory against Long Island University yesterday at Chase Field. Despite being outplayed for most of the first half, LIU got on the board first with an Elmer Campos goal at 28:10.

The Setonian
Sports

Brown men's soccer wins again

Ivy League men's soccer teams were 2-0 in non-conference play this weekend. Brown, with its win over Columbia, now appears to represent the biggest obstacle in Dartmouth's quest to capture the Ivy League crown. Penn 4, LaSalle 2 Penn captured its fourth straight victory on Rhodes Field by defeating LaSalle on Sunday.

The Setonian
Sports

Men's soccer edges Vermont

The Dartmouth men's soccer team, with a little help from a Vermont defender, captured its fourth victory of the season by a score of 1-0 at Vermont yesterday. The only goal of the game came on a free kick in the 19th minute, when a Vermont player headed the ball into his own goal. The rest was left to Dartmouth keeper Ben Gebre-Medhin '02, who had yet another impressive game with six saves.

The Setonian
Sports

Crew races at Eastern Sprints

The Dartmouth freshman lightweight eight captured a silver medal yesterday, giving them the best finish for the Big Green at the Eastern Sprints Regatta, held in Worcester, Mass. Dartmouth, seeded third in the race, finished only a second to first-place Princeton and overtook Yale for the second sport.

The Setonian
Sports

Sailors fare well at Coast Guard

After just having returned from a week of intensive training at the US Naval Academy and the College of Charleston, the Dartmouth sailing team powered its way to victories at the NEISA Team Sailing event at the U.S.

More articles »