Brown men's soccer keeps winning

Brown won yet again, remaining undefeated in the Ivy League and reaffirming its status as a potential threat to Dartmouth's Ivy hopes. The Big Green's upcoming opponent, Columbia, only managed to tie Penn.

Brown 1, Princeton 0

Brown won this duel between two bitter rivals on Saturday by scoring the only goal of the game and defeating Princeton. The victory allows Brown to remain undefeated in the Ivy League, while Princeton has yet to earn a league victory.

Adrian Rapp scored Brown's lone goal off a feed from Scott Powers at 57:43. Rapp managed to further anger the Princeton crowd by taking off his shirt and performing a post-goal celebration dance, which ultimately earned him a yellow card.

Princeton had several scoring opportunities in the game, particularly in the second half. Princeton's best chance, however, came late in the first half when Princeton's Marty Shaw's goal was waved off for an offsides violation.

Princeton (6-5-0, 0-3-0 Ivy) plays at Loyola today. Brown (7-3-1, 3-0-0 Ivy) hosts Cornell on Sunday.

Columbia 1, Penn 1

Even after two overtime periods, neither Penn nor Columbia could pull away on Saturday, as they settled for a tie in Philadelphia.

Columbia got on the board first, scoring on a penalty kick at 67:21 mark. Penn's Billy Libby tied up just eight minutes later, as he headed in a Henry Chen free kick.

Penn controlled the first overtime period, earning three corner kicks and keeping the ball out of their defensive zone. However, they failed to capitalize on any of these opportunities, and Columbia overpowered Penn in the second overtime. In the last three minutes of play, Columbia even had a shot on an open Penn net, but sailed the balled over the cross bar.

Penn (5-5-1, 0-2-1 Ivy) travels to Yale on Friday, while Columbia (5-4-2, 1-1-1 Ivy) hosts Dartmouth on Saturday for Columbia's Homecoming Weekend.

Penn State 3, Cornell 0

Junior Dave Potteiger and the rest of the Penn State men's soccer team trounced Cornell in a 3-0 shutout last Thursday in State College, Penn.

Potteiger scored in the eighth minute on a penalty kickwhich got past Cornell keeper Andrew Gordon. He followed the goal up with another in the 17th minute off an assist by Nic Shahay. Potteiger finished off his hat trick with a feed from Ben Dawson early in the second half.

Gordon was only able to make three saves, while Penn State keeper Ryan Sickman racked up six.

Cornell drops to 5-5 (2-1 Ivy), while Penn State improves to 10-3. Cornell travels to Brown on Saturday.

Harvard 3, Yale 2

Senior captain Ryan Kelly broke a 2-2 tie with a goal in the 51st minute of play to give Harvard a 3-2 win over Yale, in what was a true see-saw battle on Saturday at Harvard. Harvard improves to 6-3-1 (1-2 Ivy). Yale falls to 5-6-1 (1-2 Ivy).

Yale got on the board early as Brian Lavin blasted a shot past Harvard keeper Dan Mejias at 2:08. Harvard responded with two goals of its own in the first half. The first came in the 18th minute when Mike Peller sent a cross to freshman Grayson Sugarman who laid it off to Ladd Fritz for the tying goal. Harvard took the lead at 42:38 with a goal from freshman Kevin Ara. Kelly earned the assist.

Yale tied the game back up with a goal from Gibbons in the opening minutes of the second half. The Crimson came back to take the lead for good in the 51st minute when Kelly rocketed in a shot from the 18-yard line.

Yale is home Friday night against Penn. Harvard travels to Princeton on Saturday.