Jean Ellen Cowgill

Articles

Mirror

La Vie Dartmouth

Well friends, I'm not very good with the whole "later, 'tater" talk. I get all up in the mushiness like the sappy heroine of a Danielle Steele novel (the non-sexy sections). Or I brace myself against all emotion, devolving into awkward morning-after Blitz lingo: "So, um, that was fun.

Mirror

The Granite In Our Brains

Risking the wrath of her editor (henceforth rightly referred to as a divinity), Jean Ellen Cowgill refuses to psychoanalyze pong.

Mirror

The Granite in Our Brains: Fishing For Compliments

As mere college students we're not supposed to know "who we are" yet. But upon arrival to the Green, our journeys to self-discovery become only more complicated, saddled with the often contradictory and confusing stereotypes about our dear old College.

Mirror

The Granite in Our Brains

Holy Shit I'm Awkward!" My '08 compatriots may recall this Facebook group among the plethora that cropped up our freshman fall, back when the site was novel and thrilling (OMG, look how e-popular I am already!!!). Shortly thereafter, campus entered into a momentous debate, a quarrel only matched in intensity by the ubiquitous "Greek vs.

Mirror

The Granite in Our Brains

Spring Break can be rough on the body. Whether alcohol ravaged your liver or your threw out your back gyrating your way onto a "Girls Gone Wild" video, your fellow collegiates can certainly feel your pain.

Mirror

The Granite in Our Brains

Now that Winter term is almost over, Jean Ellen Cowgill looks forward to senior spring and gets some advice from alums looking back. Sophomore summer and senior spring.

Mirror

Granite in our Brains: The Mixtape

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns and watching violent videos, but nobody worries about kids listening to thousands -- literally thousands -- of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss.

Advertise your student group in The Dartmouth for free!