DDS Detective: Ahi Tuna Crackers
I am a sushi fanatic. I think that sushi was actually part of the reason I stopped being a vegetarian. I usually tell people I started eating animals because my track coach told me I needed to eat more protein, but in reality, the devastatingly good crab tempura rolls at Rock N Roll Sushi probably had a lot more to do with that decision. Anyway, by now I have tried a fair amount of sushi in many different preparations, and one of my best sushi experiences by far was in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where I was served spicy ahi tuna with ginger and wasabi on top of a sesame cracker. Incredibly simple, yet one of the most delicious bites I have ever taken. This week’s DDS Detective substitutes sesame crackers with saltines and restaurant sushi for Sunja’s, but the result is actually pretty great and makes for the perfect snack:
- Order one(or two) pieces of tuna sashimi from Sunja’s.
- Grab a pack of saltinesfrom the condiment area and put them on a plate.
- Put the pieces of tuna sashimion top of the crackers.
- Topwith ginger strips.
- Drizzle the spicy sriracha sauceand sweet soy sauce on top of both (these are all at Sunja’s station).
- Shake some sesame seedson top of that.
- Add a dollop of wasabiif you like it spicy!