Editors' Note

kamilla mirror cover.jpg

It’s week three, and I’m already losing my mind. Normally that’s a week eight problem, but something about this spring just hits different. There’s nothing quite like a sunny afternoon on the Green, but it’s always accompanied by a wave of exhaustion when the sun goes down. Maybe it’s the unrelenting stream of parties, darties and daily dips to join, or the fact that we are still in school — even when it feels a bit like summer camp. Whatever it is, I’m finding week three to be equal parts joyful and draining, and the reports from this week’s writers seem to corroborate it.

This week, we reflect on the pressure to overcommit — definitely not relatable for the editors here at Mirror, right? — as well as ’23s transitioning into leadership positions and whether the ’24s really were the College’s “forgotten” class. Our writers also shine a spotlight on opportunities for hands-on learning: from the Book Arts Workshop to Field Methods of Archaeology, we celebrate the benefits of truly in-person education.

If there’s one thing we can be sure of, it’s that the term won’t let up now. Here's hoping that more sunny days and warm nights can take the edge off of our approaching midterms, but when the grind gets us down and the rain comes back, Mirror will be here to use the puddles for reflection.

Caris White

Caris is a '23 from Long Beach, CA and is majoring in religion modified with art history. When not editing stories for the Mirror, you can find her playing club soccer, snowboarding at the Skiway or sipping coffee in Sherman Art Library. After college, she plans on attending graduate school in religion.

Arielle Feuerstein

Arielle Feuerstein ’24 is an English major from Bethesda, Maryland. She currently serves as the production executive editor, and in the past, she wrote and edited for Mirror. In addition to writing, Arielle enjoys crocheting, board games and walks around Occom Pond.