College suspends Tri-Kap for three terms

Kappa Kappa Kappa fraternity was suspended for three terms, dating back to last fall, after admitting to a series of violations of the College’s hazing and alcohol policy. The suspension, which ends on June 21, will be followed by four terms of alcohol probation and then two terms of College probation, according to a Feb. 18 statement from college spokesperson Diana Lawrence.

The alcohol probation will end on June 20, 2019 and the following College probation will end on Jan. 6, 2020.

According to the College’s disciplinary procedures, suspension of a student organization mandates the cessation of all activities. Alcohol probation “typically prevents” student organizations from sponsoring or co-hosting events where alcohol is served, according to organizational adjudication processes. College probation may include prevention of participation in activities such as intramural athletics and other College programs.

Tri-Kap extended 21 bids this fall and none this winter.

Amanda Zhou

See's Amanda's Twitter

Amanda Zhou is a junior at Dartmouth College originally from Brookline,  Massachusetts. She’s previously been the associate managing editor, health and wellness beat writer at the Dartmouth and interned at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this Fall. She is pursuing a major in quantitative social science and a minor in public policy. At  college, she edits the campus newspaper, serves on the campus EMS squad and lives in the sustainable living center. After graduation, she is interested in a career in journalism or data analysis. In her spare time, she can be found running, cooking or trying to rock climb.