Editor's Note

Make sure you read your Freshman Mirror cover to cover!

The end of summer vacation has probably never looked so good. By now, you've spent hours perusing College Confidential forums, picking out the perfect, most indestructible shower caddy at Bed Bath and Beyond and poring over your "required" summer reading. We know all your friends have already left for school, but don't worry we're worth the wait.

After taking an admissions tour and partying with the Dimensions crew, the question looming on that big ol' brain of yours is not whether you are ready for Dartmouth, but whether Dartmouth is ready for you. With your mutli-variable calculus expertise and John Belushi poster, you might think you've got this whole college thing covered. We know you feel prepped and ready to go, but before you come in thinking you own the place, here's a little Dartmouth-specific info to make your transition as smooth as possible.

Make sure you read your Mirror cover to cover, but take our advice with many grains of salt. The point we're trying to make is that there is no one-size-fits-all Dartmouth experience. Each student constructs his or her time at college in a different way. Try new things, be who you are and come in with an open mind. That's the best advice we have to offer.