What to Watch For

Vince Marriott: Finally, the NHL is getting interesting. The pointless regular season has come to a close, and the playoffs have arrived. Even better, my Philadelphia Flyers are playing their in-state rival Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round. That means that I have at least four chances to sit and watch as Sidney Crosby gets violently slammed into the boards ... and cry to the refs about it. What could be better than that? Besides anything happening in the NBA, NFL or MLB, of course. With numerous other good matchups to watch over the next few weeks, hockey should provide a welcome diversion from what has recently passed for sports news, like what Tim Tebow had for breakfast. (Wednesday, 7:30 p.m., NBC)Jonathan Gault: The Barclays Premier League title is all but decided this season Manchester United appears a lock to win its fifth championship in six years but there is one trophy that the Red Devils won't get their hands on in 2012 the FA Cup. The world's oldest soccer competition is down to four teams, with two intense semifinals set for this weekend at hallowed Wembley Stadium. On Saturday, crosstown rivals Liverpool and Ever ton will meet in an extra-impor tant installment of their storied rivalr y. In the other game, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur will do battle for the second finalist spot. Chelsea is looking to win its fourth FA Cup in six years, but it also has a massive Champions League semifinal against Barcelona just three days later. Will they overlook Spurs, who haven't made the final since 1991? (Saturday, 7:30 a.m. and Sunday, 1 p.m., Fox Soccer)Dong Zhao: At the New York Yankees home opener on Friday, the fans at Yankee Stadium will get their first up-close look at prized off-season free agents Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson, who signed for astronomical contracts of $254 million and $77.5 million, respectively. The only problem for Yankees fans is that the two play for the visiting Los Angeles Angels. It will be a strange sight for Yankees fans, who are used to seeing their hometown team make these offseason splashes with the team's seemingly unlimited budget. The Yankees and the Angels will look to extend the great American rivalry between old money and new money on the baseball diamond. (Friday, 1:35 p.m., YES Network)