A Time to Plant, A Time to Reap

As the summer sun finally emerges from the doldroms of a dreary spring, the Class of 2002 faces a new challenge: the challenge of leading. As the group potentially most pivotal in the unfolding of the Student Life Initiative, '02s this summer have the opportunity to positively influence the inevitable change and take the forefront of the march toward a better Dartmouth.

Whether one is charged with organizing social functions for a Greek house, chairing meetings for a cultural organization, guiding hiking trips on the Appalachian Trail or planning community service excursions, the challenge to lead and to lead better is ever-present.

The time is now for the Class of 2002 to acquire and uncover the skills and gumption necessary to effectively elevate the Dartmouth experience of the future.

The possibility to lead the route of the College in this turning point is not only a responsibility that comes with seniority but a crucial opportunity in light of the backing the Board of Trustees pledged by the Initiative.

If we choose to take proactive movement now and continue to in the next two years, then, as the years pass after we graduate, we can be confident that we left this small college a better place for the many classes to follow.

As we look back on our years here, one must hope we will remember our Sophomore Summer fondly as a time of fun in the sun as the College enters into a new phase.

--

Robinson Hall is a series of columns representing the opinions of the summer editorial staff. The columns do not necessarily reflect the official views of The Dartmouth.