June 17, 2024 | Latest Issue

Baseball wins 7th in a row at Plymouth St.

By Jonathan Riccio

Sports Writer

The Dartmouth baseball team is on fire. By defeating Plymouth State yesterday by a count of 20-4, Dartmouth extended its winning streak to seven straight games.

The team set a school record with 26 hits in the slaughtering of Plymouth State.

The game was marked by several huge innings for the Big Green. Dartmouth scored eight runs in the top of the third inning and seven in the sixth.

The Big Green even sent 62 batters to the plate over the whole game.

James Little '00 had a four-hit day with two singles, a home run and a triple. Joe Rockers '01 likewise had a good hitting game with a single, triple and a homer.

Not to be outdone was Yale Dieckemann '00, who hit a home run and was 3-for-5 from the plate. Brian Nickerson drove in a couple of runs for Dartmouth with two singles and a double.

Freshman pitcher Brian Gattis went five and one-third innings to pick up the victory. He had three strikeouts and gave up three earned runs.

Dartmouth will resume it's Red Rolfe conference schedule this upcoming weekend with four games against Yale at home on Friday and Saturday.

Yale holds a 2-9 Ivy record, and this should be a perfect opportunity to solidify Dartmouth's hold on the Red Rolfe division.

The Big Green leads the division with a 10-2 Ivy League record and a 19-11 overall record on the season.