Twenty seniors elected to Executive Committee

The Class of 1999 elected the 20 members of the Senior Executive Committee yesterday, choosing the seniors who will plan graduation and activities in their first five years as alumni.

The committee, which serves as a link between the class and the Alumni Council, is also the policy-making and governing body of the Class of 1999. It plays a leadership role in all class programming beginning in Spring term and continuing through the class' five year reunion.

Voters elected the following seniors to serve on the committee: Shauna Brown, Aisha Burrell, Kerry Bystrom, Landis Fryer, James Gallo, Graham Gunst, Jonathan Hummel, Scott Jacobs, Seth Kelly, Kendra Kosko, Cara Mathews, Rexford Morey, John Muckle, David Rapson, Rahsaan Sales, Brian Salazar, Pamela Smith, David Sussman, Sean Taylor and Adrienne Wilson.

Three hundred ninety-one seniors selected the 20 students from the 54 who ran for the positions.

Among the general duties of the council are planning events such as the reunion and regional mini-reunions, publishing a class newsletter, helping the Alumni Fund raise money and encouraging classmates to maintain contact with the Alumni Office.

The committee also plans the activities surrounding Commencement, including choosing the class marshals and planning Class Day.

After graduation, the committee members will be involved in planning a variety of activities, mostly in smaller committees. The entire committee also meets once or twice each year in Hanover.

The committee elects officers from within their group, including a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer, as well as a newsletter editor, mini-reunion chair, class head agent and alumni councilor.

Gunst said he was excited to be elected to the committee and hoped to keep his classmates involved.

"I think our class started off fairly strong when we got here and that shows in the student government. We want to make sure that fast start that they had doesn't necessarily slow down after graduation," Gunst said.

Morey said he was looking forward to working with his fellow committee members.

"I think the group of people who were elected will get along well and work well together," Morey said.

Kosko said she was looking forward to her continued involvement at Dartmouth.

"I just have enjoyed my Dartmouth experience a lot and I think it would be fun to continue it as long as possible," Kosko said.