Are You Nuts?

If Clinton has to be impeached, I think he should be impeached not because he perjured himself and lied about his affairs but because the man lacks common sense and has bad taste in women.

Let's say you are the President of The United States, entrusted with America's hopes and dreams. You are given an opportunity to better this nation and guide America into the next millennia. So what do you do? You have an affair with an intern young enough to be your daughter. Or better yet why not drop your pants and expose yourself like you did years ago? Or why not have an affair with a hair dresser just to reminisce? Are these the things a sane man, whose job security depends on the trust of the American people, would do? Why in the world would you risk getting yourself impeached and hinder your efforts to institute reform? Is this stupidity or sheer lunacy?

President Clinton may like to believe that he's the JFK of the '90s and prides himself on becoming the New Democrat. If you ask him what he thinks of Nixon privately, he'll probably tell you Nixon was a crook. However the Republicans will always have Nixon and the Democrats now have Clinton. The similarities between Nixon (probably the worst person to hold the office of President) and Clinton are obvious even to a blind man. Both administrations have been scarred by scandals and threatened with impeachment. Some say Clinton used FBI documents and resources to do his dirty work and Nixon used ex-CIA officers. Both of these men are stupid and fought with the Supreme Court to seek immunity from the law. I would love to hear Clinton say the phrase that Nixon made famous: "I am not a crook." I bet he can do a great imitation of Nixon.

The President is constantly surrounded by famous actresses, models and other celebrities during fund-raisers and charity events. Last week I saw him rub shoulders with Kim Basinger and other actresses in Hampton, N.Y. It is said that women love power and when you hear about Senators, old as the hill, admit to having affairs with women half their age, you wonder how these wrinkly old geezers got so lucky. It proves one thing, women are attracted to men of power.

If you were the President, would you really choose to have an affair with somebody as chunky and ugly as Monica Lewinsky? If you had to risk your entire life to have one affair, would you really choose to become an adulterer and the laughingstock of the nation by sleeping with somebody as large and hideous as her?! Why?! Clinton could have anybody he wanted, not because he is charming and handsome but because he is the President. Now if a friend of yours, a well-liked and big man on campus, was dating the worst looking girl on the campus, would you have much respect for him? Let's say that you know he can have anybody he wants and he dated somebody like Lewinsky, would you think highly of him? Of course not.

Most women I've talked to said, given the chance, they would have a onetime fling with the President of United States. He could have had a hot torrid affair with somebody like Cameron Diaz but instead he chose to sleep with Ms. Lewinsky. I draw two conclusions from this scenario. One, Clinton has bad taste in women. Two, Clinton is stupid, if not crazy.

Now you may ask, "Roy, how can a Rhodes Scholar and distinguished man like Bill Clinton be stupid?" Good question, and one I cannot answer. Frankly I would not like to see Clinton impeached and most experts agree that Clinton will finish his term in office without ever seeing the Congress vote on impeachment matters. From what I read, I believe that Clinton is obsessed about the legacy he will leave behind, but his administration will be known more for the sex scandals than anything else.