Student Assembly Sends Represenative to the College Committee on Cable

As the Student Assembly representative to the College Committee on Cable, I am writing in response to The Dartmouth's consistent misrepresentation of the relationship of the Assembly to the cable issue. Not only did ex-presidential candidate Dan Rygorsky misrepresent the cable issue at the Candidate Debate (a fact I pointed out to him and to The Dartmouth's reporter present), but The Dartmouth then also echoed that erroneous sentiment repeatedly in its House Editorials ["A Moderate Mandate," April 17].

The Assembly, to set the record straight, has a representative to the Cable Committee; each week at the Assembly meeting, I give a cable update, an occurrence never reported in The D. At this point, the cable issue is complicated by economic decisions far above the students' realm of influence. However, the Assembly does not deserve to receive the brunt of The Dartmouth's misrepresentations. For a journalistic organization dedicated to so-called "accurate" information dissemination and "unbiased" reporting, I would hate to think that The Dartmouth's need to belittle the Assembly at every opportunity obscured that "dedication" to objectivity.