Assembly expects large turnout for meeting

The discussion of the recommendations of the College Committee on Alcohol and Other Drugs scheduled for this evening has been moved to Cook Auditorium to accommodate the large number of students expected to attend.

At the discussion, which begins at 7:30, members of the committee will answer questions about the report, which includes a recommendation that Safety and Security officers monitor fraternity parties. The recommendations will likely be implemented during Winter term.

The information panel will consist of members of the CCAOD, including College Counsel Sean Gorman, the committee chair and author of the report. Dean of the College Lee Pelton will attend.

The session will "give many people the opportunity to share their concerns and learn more about the report," said Student Assembly Vice President of Administrative and Faculty Relations Case Dorkey '99, who will be moderating the discussion. Dorkey is not a member of the committee.

At the discussion, Dorkey will ask the panel a list of prepared questions which have arisen since the report's release. Questions will then be opened to the audience.

Panel members are expected to explain how the committee was formed and how the recommendations developed.

"I personally think that the recommendations have incentives that are going to negatively affect student culture," Dorkey said. "But if we open it up to 3,000 people, hopefully we'll come up with more ideas and find more direction in this."

The meeting was arranged by the Assembly two weeks prior to the release of the report. The event was originally scheduled for 105 Dartmouth.