Police still investigating KKG incident

The Hanover Police are still investigating Summer term's vandalism incident at Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, but do not think their search to find the perpetrators will be successful.

In July, KKG was broken into and vandalized while most house members were away on an off-campus "sister overnight."

Hanover Police Sargeant Frank Moran said the case may not be closed, but finding the perpetrators "doesn't appear to be terribly promising due to a lack of information or further evidence."

Moran said the police have suspicions about the case but "it makes no good to arrest someone on probable cause and not have it proved beyond a reasonable doubt."

Moran said the police have essentially stopped questioning students on campus although the case will remain open for six years.

Moran said the police have not received enough cooperation from members of the Dartmouth community and said he encouraged any students with information to call him.

"They can certainly remain anonymous if they choose to," he said. "It really comes down to this. When it comes to a case like this, there is tremendous pressure not to say something."

KKG President Cai Boldt '97 said the police have not extensively investigated KKG this term.

KKG Summer-term President Kate Armstrong '98 declined to comment on the specifics of the investigation except to say the case was open.