William S. Kartalopoulos
The Setonian
Opinion

Misrepresented Statements May Have Offended

To the Editor: I write regarding gross misrepresentation of my statements in the forum discussion entitled "Asian-Americans, Affirmative Action and Graduate School Admissions." I was quoted in The Dartmouth as follows: "Affirmative action at Dartmouth 'has worked too well' with African-Americans, Kartalopoulos said.

The Setonian
Opinion

SA's Webster Hall campaign is on track

In its house editorial of Jan. 13, 1995, The Dartmouth editorial board implied that the Student Assembly had been imprudent in its informational campaign regarding Webster Hall, saying that the issue cannot be "decided in five minutes" or through an informational campaign such as the Assembly's.

The Setonian
Opinion

In Resigning, Moore Failed As Activist

I regret deeply that Danielle Moore '95 felt the need to resign as Student Assembly president. Although I did not always agree with the positions she took, she provided a good example of leadership, and I admired her conciliatory approach to Assembly politics which, over the past couple of years, have at times -- though not always, as some believe -- embodied all that is wrong with American politics today. She was having a hard time and I think that perhaps the poor attendance at Assembly meetings proved to be her biggest bane (and, indirectly, the cause of many problems), however she continued to stick to her beliefs.

More articles »