Lense Gebre-Mariam
The Setonian
Mirror

The Cost of Leaving

At times Dartmouth's location can be a challenge for the student body's many city-dwellers. The lack of exotic entertainment, diverse array of restaurants, shopping locales, hustle and bustle of everyday life and efficient public transportation can make Hanover, N.H.

The Setonian
Mirror

To publish or not to publish

When the campus is already littered with countless copies of journals and newspapers capturing the pulse of student political thought, humour and artwork, it might seemsurprising that many students still feel the need to blog or post articles online.

The Setonian
Mirror

Money Matters: Class on campus

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" might well be the motto that embodies most discussions of class and its significance at Dartmouth. Amma Bofa '09 rushes out of Reed Hall and across the Green after her final class of the day dissolves.

Students involved in the new program Project Preservation uncovered and restored a Holocaust grave site while in Druzhkopol, Ukraine this past June.
News

Students uncover Holocaust history

Courtesy of Avnish Gungaduross A group of 15 Dartmouth students representing different backgrounds and faiths traveled to Eastern Europe this past June to restore an abandoned Jewish cemetery and erect a fence around an unmarked mass grave. Project Preservation, a Spring term program created by Dartmouth Hillel and co-sponsored by the John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding, combines classroom research and discussion with a summer cross-cultural education and service project. The program's students study the Holocaust by reading and reflecting on different books that examine the many facets of one of the world's most infamous crimes against humanity. According to Julio Gomez '09, a participant in this year's trip, students met once a week in reflection sessions to discuss readings and evaluate the magnitude of the Holocaust.

Peter Hughes '06, Cayelan Carey '06 and James Redfield '06 are among the eight Dartmouth seniors who received Fulbright grants this year.
News

Eight garner Fulbright grants

Jeewon Kim / The Dartmouth Staff Eight Dartmouth seniors have been selected from an extremely competitive pool of American college students to represent the United States as 2006 Fulbright grant recipients for their extensive commitment to research. The Fulbright U.S.

More articles »