Jasper Hicks '12
The Setonian
Opinion

Hiding Behind Our Pink Spandex

Flair, like Homecoming or Winter Carnival, is a Dartmouth tradition. But part of what distinguishes this tradition from our termly festivals is the fact that flair is worn year-round it begins with Trips and ends, well, never.

The Setonian
Opinion

Freedom of the Press

Correction appended It's not hard to grasp why the White House hates Fox News. Since President Obama moved into the White House, the network has been attempting with surprising success to embarrass his administration's every move.

The Setonian
Opinion

The Obama Effect

When it was announced that College President Jim Yong Kim had been selected to be Dartmouth's next president, a stranger asked me in passing whether or not I agreed with the assertion that Kim seemed to call to mind President Barack Obama.

The Setonian
Opinion

The Myth of the Blank Slate

Sitting on the steps of Robinson Hall during this year's DOC Trips, I heard yet another dean invoke the idea of the "blank slate" while speaking to a group of enthusiastic incoming freshmen. What he described was the chance for all students to hit the reset button, start over and begin anew.

The Setonian
Opinion

Rebuild, Don't Rebrand

I am perplexed. How can it be that someone is a "better" Republican than someone else? I never knew one's commitment to his or her political party could be measured, let alone ranked.

More articles »