Evan J. Meyerson
The Setonian
Sports

Over The Hill

Super Bowl weekend -- the greatest spectacle in sports -- is finally upon us. The Super Bowl is an event that encapsulates the American dream -- passion, hope, hard work, cheerleaders, pigs in a blanket, etc. In fact, perhaps the only competitive contest that could eclipse the Bowl would be a Royal Rumble-style cage match between all the presidential candidates juiced up on HGH.

The Setonian
Sports

Over The Hill

I miss the smell of subway cars. Every spring afternoon for four years my teammates and I would take the one train to Houston Street where we would switch to the M21 bus heading east towards the most inconvenient collection of baseball fields in New York City.

The Setonian
Sports

Men's hockey swept at home by St. Lawrence and Clarkson

Six days after toppling Harvard and Vermont in convincing fashion to open its 2006-07 campaign, the Dartmouth men's hockey team showed that it is still a good distance from developing into the dominant force it hopes to become. Following a heartbreaking 2-1 home overtime loss to St.

The Big Green avenged last year's semifinal romping by defeating down No. 11 Harvard, 5-2, on Friday night.
Sports

Men's hockey sweeps through Harvard, opening weekend

College athletes are a vengeful species. And when an opportunity for redemption reveals itself, the competitor is swift to seize it. Such was the case for the men's hockey team as the 17th-ranked Big Green (2-0-0, 1-0-0 ECACHL) opened the 2006-07 season at home defeating Ivy League rival Harvard (0-1-0), ...

The Setonian
Sports

Homecoming '06: Football loses, Dartmouth wins

It was 7:30 p.m. on Friday night. Walking with my girlfriend, Jeannie, to Food Court from her dorm room in the Choates (she's a UGA, I swear), we could tell there was something unusual in the air other than the pleasant briskness of a fall evening at Dartmouth.

More articles »