KAF to shorten hours, ditch sandwiches

By The Dartmouth Web Staff | 5/29/13 11:46am

The following press release was received from Allison Furbish, web media coordinator at King Arthur Flour. Starting tomorrow at 11 a.m., students can pick up one free sandwich per person while supplies last. Starting June 8th, sandwiches will no longer be offered at all in the Baker-Berry cafe, and the cafe will close at 8 p.m. instead of 11:30 p.m.

Lunch is on us!

Change is in the air - and maybe in your pocket – because lunch is on us on May 30th at our café in Dartmouth’s Baker-Berry Library. Starting at 11am, students will be able to pick up one free sandwich per person while supplies last.

BUT WHY???

Free sandwich day is a day of appreciation for the love you have shown for our sandwiches AND a day of farewell -- as we reluctantly must change our menu to no longer include sandwiches at Dartmouth. (Did we just say that?? We did.) Due to our kitchen capacity at our home in Norwich, we are not able to offer sandwiches at Baker-Berry Cafe, beginning June 8th.

We are introducing the original menu for the café, offering what was imagined when the college designed and built it – coffee and fresh-from-our-bakery breads and pastries. Our full menu remains available at our café in Norwich. Please come by.

In addition to the menu changes, the café hours will be slightly reduced. Beginning June 8, the café will be open from 8am to 8pm, daily.

The Dartmouth Web Staff