Editors' Note

20220510 mirror cover by elaine.jpg

Hello there, Dartmouth. How’s your third week of winter? Are you settling into familiar routines? Coming back from the library past midnight, brushing your teeth in the fluorescent lights of the dorm bathroom mirror and going to sleep after 30 to 45 minutes of scrolling through your social media of choice? Me too.

This week at Mirror, we’re here to add some flavor to your term, with the hottest takes on the warmest drinks Hanover has to offer, a winter survival guide and an investigation into the psyches of senior thesis writers. We also feature Adedoyin Teriba, an art history professor who started at the College in the fall.

We know you have seventeen things on your to-do list — but the weather outside is frightful, and this week’s round up is so delightful. Why don’t you take a break from your Google calendar to spend a few minutes learning about your classmates, faculty and the best way to spend your winter? Your routines will still be there when you’re done.

Caris White

Caris is a '23 from Long Beach, CA and is majoring in religion modified with art history. When not editing stories for the Mirror, you can find her playing club soccer, snowboarding at the Skiway or sipping coffee in Sherman Art Library. After college, she plans on attending graduate school in religion.

Meghan Powers
Meghan ('23) writes for the Mirror section of The Dartmouth. She is from Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, and intends to major in government with a minor in French. Some of her interests include coffee, Museum Club and Laura Dern.