What to Watch For

Vince Marriott: This week, I can't wait to watch some NHL action! Oh, wait. I'll probably have to wait until next year for that. In the meantime, the lackluster NFL schedule this week may offer some hidden gems to provide entertainment on a Sunday that will probably not see many people leaving their beds until the late afternoon anyway. Both the Seattle Seahawks and the Detroit Lions have had up-and-down seasons thus far, but each of these squads has a great deal of talent on both sides of the ball, especially at quarterback. With Russell Wilson and Matthew Stafford lining up behind center for Seattle and Detroit, respectively, look for a well-run game that features myriad long balls and big play opportunities. (Sunday, 1 p.m., FOX)

Dong Zhao: No Ivy League football fan could have seen this coming. Over the weekend, Princeton University, the preseason favorite to finish last in the league, climbed to the top of the league standings after a wild 39-34 win over Harvard University, which held a national-best 14-game winning streak entering the game. Following its own come-from-behind win at Columbia University, the Big Green sits tied for second and is in prime position to take advantage of the wide-open race for the Ivy League title. Dartmouth's toughest test the rest of the way will probably come on Saturday as an angry Harvard squad comes to town, looking to ruin Dartmouth's Homecoming weekend. Both teams desperately need this win, but only one will emerge victorious. Go Big Green. (Saturday, 5 p.m., Comcast SportsNet NE)

Jonathan Gault: A great baseball series is like a horror movie the longer it goes, the more the suspense builds. And while this year's National League Championship Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants has been fairly average so far, there's still the chance for a dramatic plot twist ending in Game 7 tonight in San Francisco. I love Game 7s. Not only do you get the winner-takes-all atmosphere of the NFL playoffs and the NCAA tournament, but you have the drama of the six games that preceded it. The Cardinals have already played three great elimination games over the past two seasons (2011 NLDS Game 5, 2011 World Series Game 6 and 2012 NLDS Game 5), and the stage is set for one more with a berth in the Fall Classic on the line. (Monday, 8 p.m., FOX)