Women share personal experiences

Correction appended

A panel of seven senior women shared personal stories of sickness, loss, abuse and healing during the 23rd annual Women of Dartmouth panel on Wednesday evening. The women spoke about experiences before and during their four years at Dartmouth to an audience that filled Collis Common Ground.

Due to the personal nature of their stories, the speakers are identified by first name and class year only. Some women requested that their stories not be printed.

Alexi '12 said she hoped that relating her experiences was meaningful and uplifting to the strangers in attendance.

"We all have a story," she said. "Some seem more tragic than others, but they all deal with growing-up things."

Sage '12 said it was difficult to communicate in 15 minutes the impact that the last four years have had on her life, but she hopes her story has resonated with those who do not feel "quite at home" on campus.

Danielle '12 said her speech was less about her personal experience and more about speaking to a variety of issues that she saw as important to women at Dartmouth.

"There are so many different types of women here, even when operating in a microcosm of privilege," she said. "No matter what our race or class is, I think the panel highlighted the humanity in our community."

Patricia '12 said that she hoped her story emphasized the need for forgiveness but also that her story is still evolving.

"It wouldn't be true to my life right now for me to wrap it up," she said.

**The original version of this article included women's personal stories which they did not wish to have published online due to the sensitive nature of the issues discussed.*